Pet owners helping pet owners in Etobicoke
Every August Royal York Animal Hospital asks our Clients to open their hearts to help assist pets in need of veterinary care in our own CENTRAL ETOBICOKE community. More specifically, pet owners that are having financial difficulties when their pets need unforeseen Veterinary Care and Treatment or in extenuating circumstances.
Royal York Pet Foundation in Etobicoke
RYAH‘s PET FOUNDATION was set up in 2008. While we believe in helping all pets in need it is especially important to us to help pets in need in our own community. Each situation is different and qualification is determined based upon the individual owner’s financial needs and the attending veterinary staff’s discretion.Owners are required to demonstrate a financial contribution for their pets treatment and additional funds are provided thru the Royal York Pet foundation
Our foundation relies on the generosity of our Royal York Veterinary Hospital clients. During the month of August, our Front Staff will ask you if you would like to donate a few dollars to our fund and the amount will be added to your bill. We really appreciate your generosity!
Royal York Animal Hospital will match ALL private donations received.
To date the Foundation has helped many deserving pets.
- Schooner, a pensioner’s cat needed immediate eye removal due to another cat causing trauma to an irrepairable eye
- Damien, a husky with Demodectic mange that had left him hairless was able to get permanent complete hair re-growth with treatment
- Bobbi and Lily were 2 cats that were homeless due to their owner being evicted Housing was supplied by the foundation till the owner could re establish herself
- Molly, a cat owned by a retiree with limited funds was able to successfully treat and resolve urinary issues due to the foundation’s help
- Maxie was hit by a car and needed surgical intervention and the owner did not have adequate funds to cover the cost of treatment.
Please Help Royal York Help Pets in Need!
Thank you all!